Everything you need to know about heating oil.
When we were younger, teachers and parents used to tell us we were never too old to stop learning. They were right! That’s why, as your total home comfort services and energy savings partner, we believe it’s our responsibility to share the latest industry facts and figures with you. These facts will help you realize why it’s smart to choose oil to heat your home.
1 Source: www.heatingnews.org
- Over 30 million Americans depend on oil powered heat for their homes, businesses and so much more.1
- Approximately 8 million households in the US use oil as their main heating fuel.1
- In 2008, about 5.1 billion gallons of heating oil were sold to residential consumers in the Northeast. The remaining 18% of annual sales are in the northern part of the country and Mid-Atlantic.1
- Innovations in heating equipment and conservation means that an average consumer using 1,200 gallons of heating oil in 1989 now uses only 800 gallons, or 33% less!1
- Since 1970, the heating oil industry has cut its total greenhouse gas emissions by
approximately one third. 2
- Compared to the Consumer Price Index, which represents the average prices consumers pay on a wide range of products, heating oil has increased about half as much. In comparison, medical care has increased in cost by nearly 400%! 3
2 Source: National Oilheat Research Alliance
3 Source www.oilheatamerica.com
When all of the economic and environmental factors are considered, heating oil tells a great story in terms of reliability, affordability and sustainability. The facts speak for themselves. The smartest choice is choosing oil heat for your home!